By Jeremy Brett
Title: Andre Norton Award Collection, 1951-2002
Extent: 26.0 Items
Arrangement: Chronological by year of receipt.
Date Acquired: 12/14/2014
Scope and Contents of the Materials
This collection consists of numerous awards that noted science fiction and fantasy author Andre Norton was given over the course of her long and storied career.
Box and Folder Listing
- Item 1
- Boys’ Club of America Junior Book Award, for Bullard of the Space Patrol by Malcolm Jameson (edited by Norton), 1951.
- Item 2
- The Invisible Little Man Award, from the Elves’, Gnomes’ and Little Men’s Science Fiction, Chowder and Marching Society, 1963.
- Item 3
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Achievement in Science Fiction and Fantasy, at DeepSouthCon XIII, 1975.
- Item 4
- J.R.R. Tolkien Memorial Award for Achievement in Fantasy (Grand Master), 1977.
- Item 5
- Norton Award, 1978.
- Item 6
- Balrog Award for Life Achievement in Fantasy, 1979.
- Item 7
- Career Achievement Award, Presented at Science Fiction Weekend, 1980.
- Item 8
- Ohioan Book Award (Martha Kinney Cooper Ohioana Library Award) for Juvenile Fiction, 1980.
- Item 9
- Ohio Women Hall of Fame Award, 1981.
- Item 10
- E.E. Smith Memorial Award for Imaginative Fiction, 1983.
- Item 11
- Jules Verne Award for Voyages Extraordinaires in the Literature and Art of Science Fiction and Fantasy, Sky Con 4, 1984.
- Item 12
- SFWA Grand Master Award, 1984.
- Item 13
- Second Stage Lensman Award, at Moscon IX, 1987.
- Item 14
- World Fantasy Award Convention’s Choice, 1987.
- Item 15
- E.E. Evans Big Heart Award, at 1988 Worldcon.
- Item 16
- Honorary Appointment as Officer on the starship U.S.S. Phoenix, 1988.
- Item 17
- Noreascon Three Guest of Honor, 1989.
- Item 18
- Science Fiction Book Club 1991 Book of the Year Award (for The Elvenbane, w/Mercedes Lackey). [Broken – piece accompanies award]
- Item 19
- Award in recognition of service as a Judge of L. Ron Hubbard Writers of the Future Contest, 1994.
- Item 20
- Scientifiction First Fandom Hall of Fame Award, 1994.
- Item 21
- Magic Carpet Con Award for Lifetime Achievement, 1997.
- Item 22
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame, 1997.
- Item 23
- World Fantasy Award for Lifetime Achievement, 1998.
- Item 24
- Judge, L. Ron Hubbard’s Writers of the Future 15th Anniversary, 1999.
- Item 25
- Southeastern Science Fiction Achievement Award (SESFA) for Lifetime Achievement, 2002.
- Item 26
- Unidentified sash.